wreath

Some Fall Flair for the Front Door

September 10, 2015 // 0 Comments

Now that it’s September, our Flip Flop wreath was starting to get out of season – so we headed out to get some inspiration! We found the plain, grape-vine wreath and fall flower spray at Walmart. Wreath was about $5 and the flowers were $3. The twine we had from our cute Baskets on the Stairs project. The burlap banners I found pre-cut with finished edges at Micheal’s – they had so many cute designs to choose from. A set of 12 was $5. I also picked up the small wooden letters at Michael’s for $4 (but I think I saw these same ones at Walmart for a little less…after the fact, of course!) We painted the letters with leftovers from the newly painted living room walls. We got out the handy glue gun to secure the letters to the banners and make sure the flower spray doesn’t come out, tied the twine to the burlap banners and that was it. Easy and customized! And all for about $20.

Patriotic Flip Flop Wreath

May 23, 2015 // 0 Comments

I was so excited to do this one as I really needed something cute for my door this summer. I have seen lots of different versions of these – some with various color flip flops, etc. My sister also helped me out on this one (she’s definitely way more creative than me – so I always appreciate her input!) For this project, I got 6 pairs of flip flops at Walmart – 3 blue and 3 white (less than $1 each). I tried to get all the same size that was more difficult than I had thought it would be – especially since I wanted specific colors. The two blues (at 6 and 12 o’clock on the wreath) are size 9-10…I had to get some glue for my daughter’s glue gun ($5). I grabbed two bunches of flowers (.97 each). Also, picked up some wire edged red ribbon ($5). I had the foam board backing. All in all, the total expenses were about $20 with tax (though I will be able to use the glue on other projects). And it took about 2 hours or so to complete (this included some time for the glue to dry). We first ran the ribbon through a hole we punched into the foam board. Then we laid out all the blue (base color) flip flops. Then we glued the white ones in between to fill in the space. We also used a little bit of clear Gorilla Glue to be sure everything would [click to read more]